Sunday, June 7, 2009
under the sun, and in the rain. /12:14 AM

wells, I figured I've dragged on long enough. So here goes some thoughts very much belated...

"I am thankful for the chance to be able to meet with some of the most awesome people around: the strong-willed children, the laidback villagers, and the VERY helpful souls too.

Thanks Cambodia for the great food.

great kids who knew no limits, and I hope they never do.
Their ability to absorb and learn with such earnesty I wish my nephews and nieces had just one-tenth of it; and when it's time to play, their enthusiasm to want to play with us was rather comforting for me because it sort of meant that they accepted and welcomed us to their humble village. The kids are great, and I still miss them. I miss walking out of the dormitory and seeing their smiles and hearing their cheerful morning greetings.

their innocent smiles.
their ways of making me laugh.


and that twinkle in those eyes.




I wonder if it is because the villagers and kids are accustomed to the simple life, not having seen how everything could be any better, or if it is us who are too immersed in our convenient ways to understand how they could do without them. Either way, thank you...for showing me qualities in the people of Cambodia that I truly hope I would never forget."

\\we live only once.

laugh lots,
miJuan.


0 comments


About the Team
SMU - Project Prey Veng 2009

Leader - Peter Ng
Co-Leader - Amanda Leong

Participants:
Aileen
√ Bing Hong
Chuen Long
Cynthia
Jason
Jia Qi
√ Kai Lee
Khang Wei
Larissa
Liane
√ Li Ting
√ Mei Xin
√ Melvin Eng
Melvin Teo
Mi Juan
Nomis
Samantha
Sherman
√ Shi Wen
Wan Yi
Yuann Shan

Embarked on a Cambodia trip from 6 May to 20 May 2009

Worked with Operation Hope Foundation

Supported by Youth Expedition Project (YEP)

Itinerary

Visited Hope Village at Prey Veng to :
Make and package soap
Teach childrens English and Art and craft
Paint the walls of the chapel
Have fun with them

Went to villages in rural areas to :
Dig well
Distribute soap